Terms & Conditions
Due to the short length of our url’s, sites that have number of characters restrictions such as Twitter easily accept short urls making it easier for people to share across social networks
At Shortlink 8, we are keenly aware of the trust you place in us and our responsibility to protect your privacy. As part of this responsibility, we are sharing with you what information we collect when you use our website analysis tool, why we collect it and how we use it to improve your experience. By using the Shortlink 8 web SEO tools, you consent to the data practices described in this statement
Use of Personal Information
If you subscribe to our emails or newsletter Shortlink 8 may use your personally identifiable email address to inform you of other products or services available from Shortlink 8 and its affiliates. Shortlink 8 may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through the Shortlink 8 blog, this information may be collected and used by others.
Shortlink 8 does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Shortlink 8 may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, Shortlink 8 may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. Such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Shortlink 8, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Shortlink 8 will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Shortlink 8 or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Shortlink 8 (including enforcing this agreement); and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Shortlink 8, or the public
All data collected by the Shortlink 8 tool can be manually accessed by several other means publicly available online (Whois Lookup, Google Cached Pages, etc.). That is why every single report generated on Shortlink 8 is considered ‘public’ and is thus stored in our database. Furthermore, it can be indexed by search engines. Shortlink 8 collects and uses website information to operate its website analysis tool and deliver the services you have requested. This information can include: IP address, domain names, estimated visitors, in-site and off-site SEO analysis, usability, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by Shortlink 8 for the operation of its service and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Shortlink 8 web tool.
You agree that you will not:
- Distribute the content for any purpose including without limitation compiling an internal database, redistributing or reproduction of the content by the press or media or through any commercial network, cable or satellite system.
- Create derivative works of, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, adapt, translate, transmit, arrange, modify, copy, bundle, sell, sub-license, export, merge, transfer, adapt, loan, rent, lease, assign, share, outsource, host, publish, make available to any person or otherwise use, either directly or indirectly, the content/tools in whole or in part, in any form or by any means whatsoever, be they physical, electronic or otherwise
- Permit, allow or do anything that would infringe or otherwise prejudice the proprietary rights of the Company or its licensor’s or allow any third-party to access the content/tools. The restrictions set out in this Agreement shall not apply to the limited extent the restrictions are prohibited applicable law.
- Use or attempt to use automated website grabbing software (also known as website downloader or website copier software) to save multiple pages from the website for any use, including offline viewing.
- Use bots.
- Use advertisement blocking software to prevent the loading and display of advertisement from the website.
The tools provided by Shortlink 8 is not intended for use for any applications without professional advice
Further, the information contained herein is intended to afford general guidelines on matters of common interest. Visitors are encouraged to consult with SEO experts for advice concerning specific matters before making any decision, and Shortlink 8 disclaims any responsibility for positions taken by the tools provided by Shortlink 8 or for any misunderstanding on the part of Shortlink 8
Security of your Personal Information
No method of safeguarding information is 100% secure. Shortlink 8 uses a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Shortlink 8 secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol
Changes to this Statement
Shortlink 8 will occasionally update this Terms of Service to reflect company and customer feedback. Shortlink 8 encourages you to periodically review this Terms of Service to be informed of how Shortlink 8 is protecting your information. When such a change is made, we will update the “Last Updated” date below. Use of this Shortlink 8 website indicates your acceptance of these Terms of Service
Shortlink 8, we are keenly aware of the trust you place in us and our responsibility to protect your privacy. As part of this responsibility, we are sharing with you what information we collect when you use our website analysis tool, why we collect it and how we use it to improve your experience. By using the Shortlink 8 web SEO tools, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS AN ARBITRATION PROVISION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER AS DESCRIBED IN THE ARBITRATION SECTION BELOW. YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN US WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
- SCOPE & MODIFICATIONS
- Shortlink 8 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or replace this Agreement at any time. If we modify these Terms, we will post the modification on our site or provide you with notice of the modification on your Shortlink 8 Account Details page. By continuing to access or use the Shortlink 8 Services after the effective date of the modification, you are indicating that you agree to be bound by the modified Agreement. Customer agrees that it is Customer’s responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes and that its use of the Shortlink 8 Services following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. If the modified Agreement is not acceptable to you, your only recourse is to cease using the Shortlink 8 Services.
- Scope & Current Offerings.As of the Effective Date, Shortlink 8 offers certain Shortlink 8 Services to Customer. Shortlink 8 may add, remove, suspend, discontinue, modify or update the Shortlink 8 Services at any time, at its discretion. After the effective date of such update, Shortlink 8 shall bear no obligation to run, provide or support legacy versions of the Shortlink 8 Services.
- Shortlink 8 Enterprise Customers.If you have purchased a Shortlink 8 Enterprise Plan, these terms may be supplemented or modified by a supplemental enterprise agreement and one or more order forms, the terms of which will control to the extent they conflict with these Terms.
- Support, Uptime & Training.The training and level of customer support for the tier of Shortlink 8 Services you purchase is set forth on the Shortlink 8 Services pricing page.
- PAID ACCOUNTS
- Shortlink 8 offers fee-based Shortlink 8 Services that provide additional features and functionality. Pricing and services for paid accounts are described on Shortlink 8’s Services pricing page and may be updated from time to time. If you sign up for a paid account, you agree to pay Shortlink 8 all applicable fees for the tier of Shortlink 8 Services according to your selection. Fees are non-refundable except as required by law or as otherwise specifically permitted in this Agreement.
- Auto-renewals and Trials.If your account is set to auto-renew or is in a trial period and you have already provided a method of payment to Shortlink 8 for the Services, Shortlink 8 will charge your payment account automatically at the end of the trial or beginning of each renewal term for the renewal term, unless you notify us that you want to cancel or disable auto-renewal before the expiration of the then-current term. You may terminate the Agreement in your account’s Account Details page, or, if you purchased your Service through a Shortlink 8 account representative by contacting your Shortlink 8 account representative. If you are on a paid account plan lasting twelve (12) months or longer, we will notify you within 30 days before your account renews, including any changes in the Fees for the plan.
- Customer will pay Shortlink 8 invoices on the payment interval selected. If not otherwise specified, payments will be due immediately. Customer authorizes Shortlink 8 to charge Customer for all applicable Fees using Customer’s selected payment method through Shortlink 8’s online payments platform. Customer will provide complete and accurate billing and contact information to Shortlink 8. Shortlink 8 may suspend or terminate the Services if Fees are past due. Unpaid Fees are subject to a finance charge of one percent (1.5%) per month (18% per annum), or the maximum permitted by law, whichever is lower, plus all expenses of collection, including reasonable attorneys’ fees.
- Fees are exclusive of taxes, duties, levies, tariffs, and other governmental charges (collectively, “Taxes”), and Customer is responsible for all Taxes resulting from this Agreement or Customer’s use of the Shortlink 8 Services. Shortlink 8 will invoice Customer for Taxes when required to do so by applicable law, and Customer agrees to provide payment under the terms of the invoice. In the event Customer is required by law to deduct and withhold any Taxes on amounts payable under this Agreement, any amounts required to be withheld will be promptly deducted and timely remitted by the Customer on behalf of Shortlink 8 to the appropriate taxation authority and Customer agrees that it will provide Shortlink 8 with copies of all necessary documents (including but not limited to tax receipts received from the applicable tax authority) in order for Shortlink 8 to claim and receive a foreign tax credit in an amount corresponding to the amount withheld by the Customer.
- Shortlink 8 reserves the right to downgrade, suspend or terminate Customer’s access to any or all Shortlink 8 Services if Fees are past due.
- LICENSE, METRICS AND COMPLIANCE;
- Access Credentials.Shortlink 8 shall provide Customer with non-transferable access credentials for the Shortlink 8 Services. Customer shall not (i) misrepresent or mask identities when using the Shortlink 8 Services or seeking access credentials; (ii) select or use as a username or Branded Short Domain a name subject to any rights of a person or entity other than Customer without appropriate authorization; (iii) select or use, as Customer’s username or Branded Short Domain, a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene; or (iv) exceed any access permitted by Shortlink 8. Customer shall safeguard all access credentials provided by Shortlink 8 and shall ensure the confidentiality and security thereof. To the extent Customer is a corporate entity rather than an individual (1) only employees and contractors of Customer (“Personnel”) may use the Shortlink 8 Services; (2) Customer shall require its Personnel to comply with all Laws and the use restrictions (including user seat restrictions) set out in the Agreement or otherwise prescribed by Shortlink 8 and shall not share access credentials to exceed the user limitations of the service tier Customer has purchased; (3) Customer represents and warrants that its Personnel have the capacity and authority to enter into this Agreement; and (4) Customer acknowledges that it shall be fully responsible for any acts or omissions of its Personnel, whether authorized or unauthorized. Shortlink 8 may update, refresh or change the manner of accessing the Shortlink 8 Services in its discretion.
- Compliance Monitoring.Shortlink 8 may monitor Customer’s use of the Shortlink 8 Services for compliance with the Agreement. If Shortlink 8 observes usage of the Shortlink 8 Services that it believes are not in compliance with the Agreement, Shortlink 8 will notify the Customer and give the Customer five (5) business days to remedy its non-compliance. If Customer does not remedy its non-compliance within five (5) business days, Shortlink 8 reserves the right to suspend or terminate Customer’s use of the Shortlink 8 Services. Shortlink 8 reserves the right to suspend Customer’s use of the Shortlink 8 Services without notice in the event that it believes, in good faith, the security of Customer’s Shortlink 8 account has been compromised, or the Customer’s Shortlink 8 account is being used for an unlawful purpose. And may suspend or terminate Customer’s access to the Services without notice for violation of the Agreement.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY & LICENSE RESTRICTIONS
- Except for any Customer Content or Customer Services, Customer acknowledges and agrees that Shortlink 8 is the sole and exclusive owner of all right, title and interest in and to the Shortlink 8 Services and Shortlink 8 Link Metrics and all related documentation, source code, tools, scripts, processes, techniques, methodologies, inventions, know-how, concepts, formatting, arrangements, visual attributes, ideas, database rights, copyrights, patents, trade secrets, and other intellectual property, and all derivatives, enhancements, modifications and improvements thereof (“Shortlink 8 Materials”). Nothing in this Agreement or any other document shall be deemed to transfer ownership of the Shortlink 8 Materials. Except for the limited license rights expressly granted herein, no rights to Shortlink 8 Materials are granted hereunder and all rights in such Shortlink 8 Materials are reserved.
- Customer is not required to provide any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other feedback regarding the Shortlink 8 Services or Shortlink 8 Link Metrics (“Feedback”). However, if Customer does so, all right, title and interest in and to such Feedback shall be assigned to, and shall become the sole and exclusive property of, Shortlink 8 upon its creation.
- License Restrictions.Customer shall not share access credentials to exceed the user limitations of the service tier Customer has purchased. Customer and its Personnel shall not, and shall not permit any third party to: (i) access the Services or export data from the Services to create a service, software, documentation or data for a URL shortening service other than Shortlink 8 or create shortened links or a service that is competitive with, substantially similar or confusingly similar to any aspect of the Shortlink 8 Services or Shortlink 8 Link Metrics; (ii) use, modify, display, perform, copy, disclose or create derivative works of the Shortlink 8 Services except as expressly permitted herein; (iii) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, mimic, screen-scrape, frame or mirror the Shortlink 8 Services or Shortlink 8 Link Metrics, or use any other means to attempt to discover their source code except as expressly permitted herein; (iv) benchmark, encumber, distribute, sublicense, assign, share, sell, rent, lease, pledge or otherwise transfer the Shortlink 8 Services or Shortlink 8 Link Metrics to any third party; (v) transmit harmful, disabling or malicious code or devices, or infringing, defamatory, unlawful, tortious, deceptive, misleading, fraudulent, abusive, indecent or otherwise offensive content, or content that contains someone’s personal information or violates a third party’s intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights (“Prohibited Content”) through the Shortlink 8 Services; (vi) access via automated or unauthorized means, interfere with, disrupt or attempt to monitor, override access or circumvent security measures for, the Shortlink 8 Services or Shortlink 8 Link Metrics or related systems, including via robots, spiders and other electronic methods; and (vii) obscure, remove or alter any proprietary rights or other notices on the Shortlink 8 Services or Shortlink 8 Link Metrics. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, Shortlink 8 may, in its sole discretion, immediately revoke the grant of rights set forth in Section 3 if Customer breaches or threatens to breach the restrictions in this Section or creates other security or legal concerns. Customer hereby agrees that Shortlink 8 will be entitled, in addition to any other remedies available to it at law or in equity, to injunctive relief to prevent the breach or threatened breach of Customer’s obligations under this Section, without any requirement to demonstrate irreparable harm or post a bond.
- Technical Restrictions.Customer shall not exceed the number and/or frequency of API calls, concurrent URL shortens or other access to or use of Shortlink 8 Services in the relevant documentation or as otherwise provided by Shortlink 8 in an Order Form. If Shortlink 8 believes that Customer has attempted to exceed or circumvent these limitations, Shortlink 8 may suspend or block Customer’s access to the Shortlink 8 Services. Shortlink 8 may monitor Customer’s use of the Shortlink 8 Services, including to ensure Customer’s compliance with this Agreement.
- Open Source Software.Shortlink 8 Services may incorporate software that is subject to terms that, as a condition of use, copying, modification or redistribution, require such software and derivative works thereof to be disclosed or distributed in source code form, to be licensed for the purpose of making derivative works, or to be redistributed free of charge (“Open Source Software”). To the extent any Open Source Software license terms are inconsistent with this Agreement, then such rights in the applicable Open Source Software license shall take precedence over the rights granted in this Agreement, but solely with respect to such Open Source Software. Any applicable Open Source Software license is solely between Customer and the applicable licensor of the Open Source Software and Customer shall comply with the applicable Open Source Software license.
- Third Party Materials.Shortlink 8 Services may utilize third party software or source code, including without limitation Open Source Software (“Third Party Materials”). Shortlink 8 has no control over Third Party Materials. Accordingly, Shortlink 8 is not responsible or liable for any Third Party Materials. While Shortlink 8 has no obligation to monitor Third Party Materials, Shortlink 8 may remove or modify such Third Party Materials in its discretion, including without limitation to comply with Law. Customer agrees to comply with all terms and conditions and privacy policies related to any Third Party Materials.
- Shortlink 8 grants Customer a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to access and use Shortlink 8’s names, logos, designs, and other trademarks incorporated into the Shortlink 8 Services (“Shortlink 8 Marks”) during the Term and solely for the purposes of displaying such notice as part of the Shortlink 8 Services. Customer recognizes the validity of the Shortlink 8 Marks and Shortlink 8’s ownership and title thereto. Any goodwill derived from the use of the Shortlink 8 Marks by Customer shall inure to the benefit Shortlink 8. Customer will not challenge the Shortlink 8 Marks, or Shortlink 8’s ownership and title thereto, or the USPTO application or registration thereof, either during or subsequent to the term of this Agreement. Customer shall execute such documents as may be reasonably requested by Shortlink 8, or required by law, to establish Shortlink 8’s sole and exclusive ownership and rights in the Shortlink 8 Marks, or to obtain registration thereof. Customer agrees to use the Shortlink 8 Marks consistent with Shortlink 8’s Brand Assets it makes available at https://Shortlink 8.com/pages/press, so as to protect and maintain the Shortlink 8 Marks and Shortlink 8’s rights therein. To this end, Shortlink 8 shall have the right to revoke the license granted in this Section and/or to review and approve the manner of use of the Shortlink 8 Marks, and Customer agrees to modify the use of any Shortlink 8 Marks which do not meet Shortlink 8’s standards. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Customer may not use any Shortlink 8 Marks in any manner implying any partnership with, sponsorship by, or endorsement by Shortlink 8.
- CUSTOMER SERVICES, CONTENT AND INFORMATION
- Customer Services.Shortlink 8 shall have no liability for any Customer product or service accessed through or making use of the Shortlink 8 Services or any end user, customer or Personnel’s use thereof (“Customer Service”). Customer shall not use the Shortlink 8 Services in any manner implying any partnership with, sponsorship by, or endorsement of the Customer Service by Shortlink 8. Customer shall not suggest or imply that Shortlink 8 is the author of or otherwise responsible for the views or content of the Customer Service. The Shortlink 8 Services shall not be used in connection with any Prohibited Content, or any activities where the use or failure of the Shortlink 8 Services could lead to death, personal injury or property or environmental damage or adversely impact or impose liability on Shortlink 8 in any manner.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
- Customer Content Warranties.Customer represents and warrants that Customer Content and all information on which the Shortlink 8 Link Metrics are based, and the receipt, collection, use and provision thereof, shall not infringe or violate any third party rights, including without limitation any intellectual property, privacy and publicity rights; (ii) the Customer Content, and any information on which the Shortlink 8 Link Metrics are based, was received, collected, used and provided to Shortlink 8 in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and self-regulatory guidelines and requirements, including without limitation laws on privacy and data security, unsolicited messaging, unfair or deceptive practices, or United States trade or export restrictions (“Laws”); (iii) it has obtained all necessary consents, approvals or other authorizations or permissions for, and has complied with its posted privacy policies and all third-party terms and conditions or privacy policies in connection with, its receipt, use and/or provision of the Customer Content and all information on which the Shortlink 8 Link Metrics are based; and (v) that none of the Customer Content or information or data on which the Shortlink 8 Link Metrics are based contains any personally identifiable information or persistent identifiers from individuals under the age of 13.
- Further Customer Warranties.Customer further represents and warrants that (i) it has implemented or contractually required industry-standard security measures to help protect the security and integrity of, and prevent, unauthorized access to the Shortlink 8 Services or Shortlink 8 Link Metrics, Customer Content and Customer Services; (ii) it will not do anything that will make the Shortlink 8 Services subject to any open source or similar license which creates an obligation to grant any rights in the Shortlink 8 Services; (iii) it will not disrupt, disable, erase, alter, harm, damage, interfere with or otherwise impair in any manner the Shortlink 8 Services or Shortlink 8 Link Metrics; (iv) in the event of any security breach or unauthorized access to any Shortlink 8 Services, Shortlink 8 Link Metrics, Customer Content and Customer Services, Customer will immediately investigate such breach and notify Shortlink 8 in writing, and, unless otherwise notified by Shortlink 8, take all corrective action necessary to remedy such breach and/or comply with applicable Law and the requirements of Shortlink 8, all at Customer’s cost; and (v) Customer, Customer’s use of the Shortlink 8 Services, the Customer Content and Customer Services will comply with all Laws and not violate or infringe upon any third party intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- SHORTLINK 8 DISCLAIMERS.SHORTLINK 8 SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. SHORTLINK 8 DOES NOT WARRANT THAT: (I) THE SHORTLINK 8 SERVICES WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (II) SHORTENED URLS, THE SHORTLINK 8 SERVICES AND SHORTLINK 8 LINK METRICS WILL BE ACCURATE, ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (III) THE SHORTLINK 8 SERVICES ARE SECURE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; (IV) THE RESULTS OF USING THE SHORTLINK 8 SERVICES OR SHORTLINK 8 LINK METRICS WILL MEET CUSTOMER’S REQUIREMENTS OR ANY OF ITS OR ITS USERS’, PERSONNEL’S OR CUSTOMERS’ BUSINESS NEEDS; OR (V) THE SHORTLINK 8 SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR THAT ANY INTERRUPTION WILL BE CORRECTED IN A TIMELY MANNER. CUSTOMERS USE OF THE SHORTLINK 8 SERVICES AND SHORTLINK 8 LINK METRICS IS SOLELY AT ITS OWN RISK. FURTHER, SHORTLINK 8 MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AND SHALL ASSUME NO LIABILITY AMOUNTS OR INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ENSURING THAT CUSTOMER’S USE OF THE SHORTLINK 8 SERVICES AND SHORTLINK 8 LINK METRICS COMPLY WITH ANY LAWS OR REGULATIONS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND CUSTOMER SHALL BE SOLELY LIABLE FOR SUCH COMPLIANCE. SHORTLINK 8 SHALL BEAR NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES (E.G., OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE, SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS, THIRD PARTY MATERIALS OR FOR HOST OR APP STORE PROVIDERS). CUSTOMER RECOGNIZES THAT THE FIGURES CONTAINED IN THE SHORTLINK 8 LINK METRICS PRODUCED HEREUNDER ARE ESTIMATES AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO STATISTICAL ERROR. SHORTLINK 8 DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SHORTLINK 8 LINK METRICS WILL BE COMPLETELY CORRECT, ACCURATE, TIMELY OR OTHERWISE RELIABLE. SHORTLINK 8 HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY USE OR RELIANCE ON THE SHORTLINK 8 LINK METRICS BY CUSTOMER AND THIRD PARTIES.
- INDEMNIFICATION AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Customer Indemnification.Customer will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Shortlink 8, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and their employees, officers, directors, representatives, contractors, customers, business partners, successors and assigns (“Shortlink 8 Indemnitees”) from and against any third party claims and actions, and resulting damages, liabilities and costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) incurred by Shortlink 8 Indemnitees arising out of or directly or indirectly related to (a) the Customer Content, Customer Services or any other Customer products and services; (b) Customer’s acts and omissions hereunder, breach of this Agreement, or violation of Laws; and/or (c) any allegation of intellectual property, privacy or publicity infringement concerning Customer Content or Customer Services. Shortlink 8 shall promptly notify Customer of any claim for which it seeks indemnification; provided, however, that any delay in providing notification shall not vitiate Customer’s indemnification obligations unless Customer is materially prejudiced thereby. Customer shall have sole control over the defense of any claim under this Section, except that Shortlink 8 may approve any counsel used by Customer and that Shortlink 8 may participate in the defense, at Customer’s cost. All settlements of indemnification claims require the consent of Shortlink 8.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- LIABILITY LIMITATION.IN NO EVENT SHALL SHORTLINK 8 BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY WITH RESPECT TO THE SHORTLINK 8 SERVICES, SHORTLINK 8 LINK METRICS OR OTHERWISE HEREUNDER FOR ANY CLAIM RELATED TO (I) ANY LOST PROFITS, DATA LOSS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, COMPENSATORY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (HOWEVER ARISING); (II) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION); (III) ANY PERMANENT OR TEMPORARY CESSATION IN THE PROVISION OF THE SHORTLINK 8 SERVICES; (IV) THE DELETION OF, CORRUPTION OF, OR FAILURE TO STORE, ANY CUSTOMER CONTENT AND OTHER DATA MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY OR THROUGH CUSTOMER’S USE OF THE SHORTLINK 8 SERVICES; (V) CUSTOMER’S FAILURE TO PROVIDE SHORTLINK 8 WITH ACCURATE ACCOUNT OR OTHER INFORMATION; (VI) ANY LIABILITY RESULTING FROM CUSTOMER’S FAILURE TO KEEP ITS PASSWORD OR ACCOUNT DETAILS SECURE AND CONFIDENTIAL; (VII) CUSTOMER’S FAILURE TO ACCESS THE SHORTLINK 8 SERVICES DUE TO MALFUNCTION(S) IN EQUIPMENT, INFRASTRUCTURE, SYSTEM, OR THE NETWORK USED BY CUSTOMER; OR (VIII) AMOUNTS FOR ALL CLAIMS HEREUNDER IN THE AGGREGATE IN EXCESS OF $100.00.
- TERM AND TERMINATION
- Agreement Term.This Agreement shall commence on the date the Customer accepts this Agreement by creating an account or purchasing a paid service tier (“Effective Date”) and remain in effect for the duration of the term selected by Customer, unless otherwise terminated as permitted herein (“Initial Term”). If your paid account is set to automatically renew, please see section 2(B) above for the auto-renewal terms.
- Right to Terminate.Shortlink 8 may terminate this Agreement immediately in its discretion. Upon expiration or termination of this Agreement, all applicable rights and access granted to Customer shall automatically terminate and Customer and its Personnel shall cease any further use of the Shortlink 8 Services and return, or, if directed by Shortlink 8, destroy, all Confidential Information of Shortlink 8. Any Section of this Agreement which by its nature would survive such expiration or termination shall so survive.
- GOVERNING LAW & DISPUTES
- Governing Law.This Agreement and the transactions contemplated hereby shall be governed by and construed under the Federal Arbitration Act and the laws of the State of New York without regard to the conflicts of law provisions thereof and without regard to the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
- Limitation for Bringing Claims.To the fullest extent permitted by law, Customer agrees any Customer claim or cause of action arising out of, related to or connected with the use of the Shortlink 8 Services, Shortlink 8 Link Metrics or this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim of action arose or be forever banned.
- Mandatory Arbitration of Disputes.We each agree that any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof or the use of the Services or Content (collectively, “Disputes”) will be resolved solely by binding, individual arbitration and not in a class, representative or consolidated action or proceeding. You and Shortlink 8 agree that the U.S. Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of these Terms of Service, and that you and Shortlink 8 are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of these Terms of Service.
- Exceptions and Opt-out. As limited exceptions to this Dispute Resolution section (i) you may seek to resolve a Dispute in small claims court if it qualifies; and (ii) we each retain the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief from a court to prevent (or enjoin) the infringement or misappropriation of our intellectual property rights. This Arbitration Agreement does not apply to individuals located in the European Economic Area.
- Conducting Arbitration and Arbitration Rules. The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). If you are an individual, the arbitration will be conducted under the AAA’s Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect, except as modified by these Terms of Service. If you enter these Terms of Service on behalf of an organization, the arbitration will be conducted under the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules. The AAA Rules are available at adr.orgor by calling 1-800-778-7879. A party who wishes to start arbitration must submit a written Demand for Arbitration to AAA and give notice to the other party as specified in the AAA Rules. The AAA provides a form Demand for Arbitration at www.adr.org.
- If your claim is for U.S. $10,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic or video-conference hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If your claim exceeds U.S. $10,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Any arbitration hearings will take place in the county (or parish) where you live, unless we both agree to a different location. The parties agree that the arbitrator shall have exclusive authority to decide all issues relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability and scope of this arbitration agreement.
- Arbitration Costs. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the applicable AAA Rules. If you are an individual, we’ll pay for all filing, administration and arbitrator fees and expenses if your Dispute is for less than $10,000, unless the arbitrator finds your Dispute frivolous. If we prevail in arbitration we’ll pay all of our attorneys’ fees and costs and won’t seek to recover them from you. If you prevail in arbitration you will be entitled to an award of attorneys’ fees and expenses to the extent provided under applicable law.
- Class Action Waiver. YOU AND SHORTLINK 8 AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, if the parties’ dispute is resolved through arbitration, the arbitrator may not consolidate another person’s claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Dispute Resolution section shall be null and void.
- If Shortlink 8 changes any of the terms of this “Dispute Resolution” Section after the date you first accepted these Terms of Service (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Terms of Service), you may reject any such change by sending us written notice (including by email to support@Shortlink 8.com) within 30 days of the date such change became effective, as indicated in the “Last Updated” date above or in the date of Shortlink 8’s email to you notifying you of such change. By rejecting any change, you are agreeing that you will arbitrate any Dispute between you and Shortlink 8 in accordance with the terms of this “Dispute Resolution” section as of the date you first accepted these Terms of Service (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Terms of Service).
- With the exception of any of the provisions in Section 20(e) of these Terms (“Class Action Waiver”), if an arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction decides that any part of these Terms of Service is invalid or unenforceable, the other parts of these Terms of Service will still apply.
- Relationship of the Parties.The parties shall be independent contractors under this Agreement, and nothing herein will constitute either party as the employer, employee, agent or representative of the other party, or both parties as joint venturers or partners for any purpose.
- Entire Agreement and Severability.This Agreement is the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals (whether oral, written or electronic) between the parties with respect thereto, including any non-disclosure agreements signed by the parties. Except as may be modified in writing by the parties, including by a Shortlink 8 Enterprise Supplemental Agreement, no additional or conflicting terms set out on Customer order, invoice, statement or other document, or contained in any “shrinkwrap” or “clickwrap” agreements, are binding. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
- Force Majeure.Except for any Fees due hereunder, neither party shall not be liable for any delay in performing or failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such delay or failure results from any cause beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, cyber-attacks, mechanical, electronic or communications failures, acts of God, terrorism, war, natural disasters, failure of any telecommunications or transportation or of any third party provider or supplier (e.g., host or app store providers) or labor disputes.
- Except to an affiliate or in the event of a merger, acquisition or other change of control, neither party may assign this Agreement without the prior written permission of the other party, and any attempt to do so is void. This Agreement shall be binding on any permitted successors and assigns.
- Unless otherwise specified in this Agreement, all notices under this Agreement will be in writing to the addresses listed above and will be deemed to have been duly given when received, if personally delivered; when sent, if transmitted by facsimile or e-mail; or the day after it is sent, if sent for next day delivery by recognized overnight delivery service.
- Headings; Interpretation.The section and paragraph headings in this Agreement are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation. Any use of “including” “for example” or “such as” in this Agreement shall be read as being followed by “without limitation.”
- The parties shall comply with all applicable export and import control laws and regulations, and, in particular, shall not export or re-export the Shortlink 8 Services without all required United States and foreign government licenses.
- Government Use.The Shortlink 8 Services are “commercial items” as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101, consisting of “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212. Any access to or use of the Shortlink 8 Services by any government entity is prohibited, except as expressly permitted by the terms of this Agreement. Additionally, any use by U.S. government entities must be in accordance with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4. If Customer uses the Shortlink 8 Services in its official capacity as an employee or representative of a U.S., state or local government entity and is legally unable to accept the indemnity, jurisdiction, venue or other clauses herein, then those clauses do not apply to such entity, but only to the extent as required by applicable law.
- The failure of Shortlink 8 to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Shortlink 8. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
- Customer grants Shortlink 8 the right to use Customer’s logos or trademarks in marketing or publicity materials and on its website to identify Customer as a customer that uses the Shortlink 8 Services.